Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sassnitz cliffs, Rügen - 11 July 2017

Today, waiting for the return of the crew, I explored the chalk cliffs of Sassnitz. A fifty kilometre bike trip through paved rural roads where you have to walk your bike most pdf the time. A full day experience indeed and feeling much broken tonight. I started with the opening of the Königsstuhl national park at 9:00. Worth ten minutes of your time. Much better to go around the trail for the "Victoria sicht" which is most amazing, and free.  



I was expecting a romantic experience as painted by Caspard David Friedrich...
CDF is one of the major Swedish/German romantic painter (born Swedish, died German). Rush to any CDF exhibition. A major romantic painter not to be missed!


There was a major exhibition of CDF in Stockholm national gallery couple of years ago, and I fell in love with the below picture that is hung in Belisama since then. 


I was expecting to find the place where he painted his master piece about Rügen. However, the landscape around there is changing dramatically with time and storms. The place where he painted is no longer as it was as storms changed the appearance the landscape.

Still magnificent and impressive though.





Tomorrow, I am planning to get around the coast and take pictures from the sea as I am going by...

2 comments: