Monday 5 November 2018

Stove fan, the solution! - 5 November 2018

For quite some time, I was looking for a way to circulate the air in the cabin when using the Antarctic Dikinson diesel stove. I got tired of getting my feet frozen while running full stove. While shopping in Clas Ohlson for led lights for the boat, I came across this product put on sale, to be put on wood or diesel stove to circulate air in the "stuga", the typical cabin owned by most Swedes. In fact, according to Wikipedia, there are 680,000 stugor in Sweden, meaning that 50% of the population has access to a stuga. Heating the Stuga in winter is quite a problem, and therefore, any way to improve the heating is quite a priority.


I bought one and tried it on Belisama...

Initially, I tested the fan on an iron. The fan started immediately. Then I brought the fan to the boat, started the fan, and recorded how it went. I started the stove as usual, and after couple of minutes when the stove went fine, I put the fan on its top. The video below how's that the fan started to run within seconds while the temperature went around 250°C on the top of the stove where the fan was located.

After a couple of hours, I realised that indeed the temperature in the boat was better spread in the various cabins.

Here is the video of the fan starting rotating as the heat of the stove is increasing.






















1 comment: